Author Topic: Spawn clean up day Sat, 9 Nov!  (Read 15756 times)

Offline VonScuffington

• Forum Godhead
  • Well-versed in excellence.
  • Manatee: 124 / Platypus: 100
    • View Profile
Spawn clean up day Sat, 9 Nov!
« on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »
Hey friends!
MasterRaver101 suggested we do a spawn clean up day. I AGREE. So this Saturday, should you choose to accept it, your mission is to make spawn sparkle!

We'll have an all-day spawn cleaning event, possibly with prizes, definitely with friends and love. There will be cake.

Creeper explosions have been turned off server-wide, so the holes we fill will actually stay filled (unless jerks dig them up again, JERKS).

If you have a junky-looking grief-ridden building around, we will tear it down. Put a sign on it if you don't want it to be destroyed.

SPREAD THE WORD. Not everyone checks the forum or the FB page, so word of mouth is the way to go.

THANKS! SEE YOU SATURDAY

Offline Jowest

• Follow me @IAmMichaelDaly
  • Manatee: 16 / Platypus: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn clean up day Sat, 9 Nov!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »
So how will permissions work around Spawn, then? Ought we remove anything not protected, anything without a sign?

The OCD in me may have trouble controlling myself. :P

Offline VonScuffington

• Forum Godhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 03:44:49 PM »
If something is badly griefed and has been that way for a while, you can remove it (unless it has a sign on it). If you're worried about removing buildings, then go ahead and fill holes. There are plenty of them and I'll provide dirt.

Offline MasterRaver101

• Manatee: 4 / Platypus: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 04:21:50 PM »
Could we also build some decent roads?
If so, ToryK13 makes amazing roads. :3
Check out ToryK13's youtube! We make videos together. They're very very good ;)

Offline Jowest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »
I traveled "Memory Lane" - the road I built that connects the highway between Dalton and the Stonemason Empire to Spawn...for the most-part it's still intact, but there's a stretch that's been entirely destroyed and there are inevitable places where it's been damaged. I've yet to travel the road that leads north past the server jail - the one of birch-wood.

Also - it seems that someone stole all of the rails in my railway from New Dalton to the MacGreggorson Spleef Stadium. Also all but 3 of the Spleef Handbooks are gone now.

Aside from that everything in New Dalton seems to be okay - perhaps a few less villagers and golems, but that will heal over time. I'm looking forward to fixing up Spawn - I'll have to go visit McDonalds again. :P

Offline Tophisticated

• No pets go to heaven, number 87
  • Manatee: 3 / Platypus: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 06:59:52 PM »
Gah! I am having a party that day. :c I won't be able to go on much! I will try my best though!
My mind is made of goo, number 42

Offline Toryk13

• Manatee: 5 / Platypus: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 08:22:04 PM »
Any little help makes a difference!

Offline Wiz

• No one knows I'm secretly a cat.
  • Manatee: 53 / Platypus: 34
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »
Could we also build some decent roads?
If so, ToryK13 makes amazing roads. :3

I agree. Spawn's road system needs to be updated. Right now, it's just stone in a 3 wide pattern. If you want Scuff, we can have a team of road builders to update the system so it's not so mismatched and we have actual system set up.

I also think Tory's roads look pretty rad, but whatever fits what you want Scuff.
"Tell me which one is worse, living or dying first." - Billie Eilish

Offline Jowest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 11:31:00 PM »
Wizardoz10...because of you I spent 22 minutes watching the first episode of Kirby Right Back At Ya...

Offline Wiz

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Wizardoz10...because of you I spent 22 minutes watching the first episode of Kirby Right Back At Ya...

Haha, I'm laughing more than I should be right now. You're welcome! :XD:

Offline mgi86

• I'm the one and only Magi ! Queen Magi 4eva
  • Manatee: 3 / Platypus: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 04:56:56 AM »
im totally loving the idea of cleaning up spawn area , my shop is a little distance form it and I had to create a path to nearer spawn well behind the alien wool pixel art thing, my path which went between two abandoned buildings and protected areas from players no longer on server so my road had to go left a little , being far from spawn with a shop I was told by some players I wouldn't make money but I have im one of mindys fave shops :) so im rambling on but basically I like the idea of the clean up I myself had to fill lots of holes in and around shop area due to pesky creepers but now they are harmless im happy my area wont be destroyed I will leave a sign outside my shop so I don't get destroyed .
On the point of roads I was happy to do my own path to my shop I don't feel there should be a so called monopoly on who does all the roads regardless of how good they are , I will be fairly disappointed if the road  to my shop gets trashed in the clean up . I may be rambling but I hope I kinda make sense in what im saying ?

Offline xSylosis

• Dr. in Shlongtology - wh? neds frnds wit m8 lik me
  • Manatee: 18 / Platypus: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 05:27:50 AM »
I agree. Spawn's road system needs to be updated. Right now, it's just stone in a 3 wide pattern. If you want Scuff, we can have a team of road builders to update the system so it's not so mismatched and we have actual system set up.

I also think Tory's roads look pretty rad, but whatever fits what you want Scuff.
I'm in on building another road. Also I'll ofcourse be here for the cleanup too!

Offline Wiz

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr!
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 08:03:44 AM »
im totally loving the idea of cleaning up spawn area , my shop is a little distance form it and I had to create a path to nearer spawn well behind the alien wool pixel art thing, my path which went between two abandoned buildings and protected areas from players no longer on server so my road had to go left a little , being far from spawn with a shop I was told by some players I wouldn't make money but I have im one of mindys fave shops :) so im rambling on but basically I like the idea of the clean up I myself had to fill lots of holes in and around shop area due to pesky creepers but now they are harmless im happy my area wont be destroyed I will leave a sign outside my shop so I don't get destroyed .
On the point of roads I was happy to do my own path to my shop I don't feel there should be a so called monopoly on who does all the roads regardless of how good they are , I will be fairly disappointed if the road  to my shop gets trashed in the clean up . I may be rambling but I hope I kinda make sense in what im saying ?

I never wanted to destroy the roads, just wanted to replace them. They look old and don't reflect good on the face of the Filmcow Server.

Offline Mindyholly

• Scuffy is the coolest cat
  • Manatee: 39 / Platypus: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »
I never wanted to destroy the roads, just wanted to replace them. They look old and don't reflect good on the face of the Filmcow Server.

PrEtTy RoAdS  8-)

:psyduck:
 :coolfish:
This is a robbery, give me all of your moneys, noveh, ALL OF DEM!
I am the true real magi

PS
You are so bootyfuk today

Offline VonScuffington

• Forum Godhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »
The problem with roads around spawn is that part of spawn is protected, so basically I'd be the one doing all the road work. :P