Author Topic: The Thread  (Read 835321 times)

Offline Wiz

• No one knows I'm secretly a cat.
  • Manatee: 53 / Platypus: 34
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr!
Re: The Thread
« Reply #7425 on: February 19, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »
Some of you guys seem to have a really bad case of 'You can always log out but never leave'.

It's hard to leave something you've never formally said goodbye too. The server is still alive, but just barely. FilmCow was the first server I ever played on over 6 years ago. I never officially stopped playing on it, I just played on it less, and now it's been over 3 years since I last logged on. Until Jason comes back and brings back the server OR the server gets one last hurrah before shutting down, none of us will really be satisfied.
My battery is low and it is getting dark.

Offline Wiz

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr!
« Reply #7426 on: February 19, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »
It's the same way with this forum; I know that it's dead, but I still cling to it in hopes of it coming back. When I joined the server/forum, I was in a rough part of my life. I didn't have a lot of friends, I wasn't very outgoing, and I really didn't know what I was doing with myself. Everyone here helped me get through that time and shaped me into who I am today. I'm in college, have a lot of supportive people in my life, and do my best to be myself.
Seeing your friends and community fade away from neglect has really left me with attachment issues to this server. I don't want to see this place disappear and have everyone I've met just fade away. There have been several attempts in the past to create a community from this one (This thread, Suda's Minecraft Server, The Thread Discord), but all of those have met the same fate as this community. Maybe we are destined to end up like this, I just don't want it to be that way.

Offline Capn

• meet me in the stars
  • Manatee: 58 / Platypus: 56
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #7427 on: February 21, 2019, 03:36:12 AM »
It's the same way with this forum; I know that it's dead, but I still cling to it in hopes of it coming back. When I joined the server/forum, I was in a rough part of my life. I didn't have a lot of friends, I wasn't very outgoing, and I really didn't know what I was doing with myself. Everyone here helped me get through that time and shaped me into who I am today. I'm in college, have a lot of supportive people in my life, and do my best to be myself.
Seeing your friends and community fade away from neglect has really left me with attachment issues to this server. I don't want to see this place disappear and have everyone I've met just fade away. There have been several attempts in the past to create a community from this one (This thread, Suda's Minecraft Server, The Thread Discord), but all of those have met the same fate as this community. Maybe we are destined to end up like this, I just don't want it to be that way.
i really fucking love you dude
some say, some things, others, they say the other things, me i dont listen to it

Offline Wiz

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr!
« Reply #7428 on: February 21, 2019, 09:18:35 PM »
i really fucking love you dude

I love you too man, and I really miss everyone.

Offline Mindyholly

• Scuffy is the coolest cat
  • Manatee: 39 / Platypus: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: March 05, 2019, 03:04:27 PM »
I love you too man, and I really miss everyone.
Mindy loves you and capn as well, in addition, too.
This is a robbery, give me all of your moneys, noveh, ALL OF DEM!
I am the true real magi

PS
You are so bootyfuk today

Offline dastupid

• Manatee: 1 / Platypus: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: March 06, 2019, 10:22:35 AM »
Stupid question here, Is the server up from time to time? I tried to connect to it recently and it never found it. I kind of want to got see my floating island with my dungeon and all haha

Offline Mindyholly

• Scuffy is the coolest cat
  • Manatee: 39 / Platypus: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: March 20, 2019, 02:24:56 PM »
Stupid question here, Is the server up from time to time? I tried to connect to it recently and it never found it. I kind of want to got see my floating island with my dungeon and all haha
Current consensus is that it is down for good
This is a robbery, give me all of your moneys, noveh, ALL OF DEM!
I am the true real magi

PS
You are so bootyfuk today

Offline Capn

• meet me in the stars
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #7432 on: June 27, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »
bootyfuk
some say, some things, others, they say the other things, me i dont listen to it

Offline Bronwyn

• rip me
  • Manatee: 13 / Platypus: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: June 28, 2019, 03:21:42 AM »
does anyone even use this anymore

Offline Capn

• meet me in the stars
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud
« Reply #7434 on: June 29, 2019, 11:49:47 PM »
you're damn welcome

Offline rabidtarg

• Manatee: 2 / Platypus: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: July 09, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »
Hi, guys. Nice to see a couple people still lurking around here. I just took a hit of nostalgia and decided to check in. Hope everything's going well for everybody!